Friday 11 March 2011

Meet the Team - Dick

Dick Waterson is the man out & about on the Scillies, keeping all of our customers happy over there.
I came to be at WIC.....because I had got to know Mike and Nigel in the early days of the Food in Cornwall Association and through some wine and food writing work I was doing at the time. I’m delighted that they thought the WIC Adventure could not be complete without me.

My normal day/week is.....rather lacking in routine but is always busy in a Retired Old Man sort of way – helping look after a 3 acre garden, maintaining the house, singing in the choir, village life, plenty of cooking and a bit of wine selling!

My favourite tipple is...... Betty Stogs when I’m in a pub.  Otherwise wine, the choice of which will be dependent on the time, place, company and food, though good White Burgundy must be close to my overall favourite wine.

I grew up.....(some would say I haven’t!) but I was brought up in Coverack, where my love of food and wine developed through helping  my parents in their Village Grocery Shop.

When I was a child I wanted to be.......taller, but now I’m happy where I am.

I drive a....hire car when I go out of the county, or a fairly ancient Clio or my wife Barbara’s Smart locally.

The last concert I went to was......singing with St Buryan Male Voice Choir, with whom I spend many happy hours in practices, performances and pubs.

The last book I read...........  was ‘Bad Science’ by Ben Goldacre, in which he joyfully debunks a lot of the pseudo-scientific rubbish that fills our newspapers and lives. For a one-time physicist it was a great read.

I’m looking forward to.....life after we manage to sell our present house, which hopefully will involve more travelling, less chores, more time to relax and a lot more time with our family and especially with the grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment