Friday 25 February 2011

Meet the team - JB


I came to be at WIC.....by invitation, having worked for a couple of the directors in the past and with experience of the wild west, I was recruited to take over the West of Cornwall area and also make coffee, a lot of coffee!
My normal day/week is.....not normal! I am usually at the office 2 days, appearing in the shop and of course serving hot beverages. The rest of the week I can be found out and about around Penzance and St Ives keeping the customers happy, enjoying the views and eating ice cream. Evenings and weekends I help run the Halsetown Inn with my girlfriend Jenny.
My favourite tipple is.....seasonal! but I do like my bubbles…. I enjoy bright whites through the summer, with a liking for the People Frascati as it's great with olives and salty snacks and the Chamelin for its sunny citrus rush . In the bleak cold winter warming reds take preference, especially the Primitivo and Salice Salentino, both fruit filled rustic wines from Puglia where I spent a romantic birthday weekend with my girlfriend. The Les Yeuses Syrah has also been a hit in our household along with the La Forge Carignan, both of which will appear on the pub list for the new season.
I grew up.....in January with the arrival of my daughter Eva, which has changed my perspective on life drastically and reduced my sleep considerably.
When I was a child I wanted to be.....an artist! I did spend four happy years at Falmouth Art College where I completed my foundation course and studied illustration, whilst running up a few debts and growing my hair.
I drive a.....hard bargain, and a “Very Eighties” mark 1 VW Golf up and down the B3306 with the top down.
The last concert I went to was.....cancelled! but would have been Vampire Weekend at Eden.
The last book I read/I’m currently reading.....is “ Gip needs a new tie” it was a tricky process but he got the right one for the party in the end! Read last night with Honey aged 6.
I’m looking forward to.....a day off and a good nights sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment